Addison's 13
I can't believe this boy of ours has started the adventure of teenagehood. The days have been long, but the last thirteen years have flown. Addison is a good boy with a kind heart. He's goofy and incredibly creative. He has the ability to capture all his siblings' imagination and take them on adventures no matter where they are (even while cleaning their rooms). He is a deep thinker and it's awesome to see how his personality fits in a bigger body and a more grown-up social environment. It's rewarding and also anxiety-inducing to be involved in watching all the growth that is taking place in Addison's life right now. We're so proud of him for wanting to try and be better when he makes mistakes. I honestly feel like that's the secret to life, and he's practicing it frequently. It's also noteworthy that he's got a singing voice beautiful enough to make you cry if you're lucky enough to be standing outside the bathroom door when he's in the shower.
I love this little guy so much. Sometimes I wonder who's grown the most since he came into my life: him, or me. It's honestly a hard question to answer. But in lots of ways, we were all babies back then.
The snowy morning that Addison was born. We're lucky we made it up the hill to the hospital on these roads!
I'm glad he puts up with Nate and my awkward but consistent efforts to try and be good parents to him.
His birthday was on a school day and he had it all planned out.
Right when I picked him up from school we went over to Barnes and Noble and he got to choose a book.
Present opening happened the moment Nate finished work.
This one was a pretty big surprise.
Nate did lots of research and we decided to start out with a Pinwheel phone. It gives us lots of control as parents, and allows him to communicate and access church media and other wholesome apps that we choose. It's an adventure for sure, but we're figuring it out together.









Comments