Quarantine
I've gotta say, I have been delighted with social media lately. The outpouring of creativity and hilarity are just good for the soul. From an old lady locked in her closet hiding from her husband who wants to watch all the Planet of the Apes movies, to the many Disney song parodies, to John Krasinski's SGN broadcasts, I just love people. It's been pretty cool to watch the world unite as we've all been hiding out in our own houses for the past several weeks.
Anyhow, here's a look into our household for the past several weeks.
Wingspan. Our current favorite game.
Our cat, Mike, has disappeared. We miss him! (Even Nate . . . sort of.)
Angel Moroni lost his trumpet in the earthquake a couple weeks ago!
Secret hideout above the garage.
Emmie's first pigtails!
Our washing machine broke. We got a lot of mileage out of the box for the new one.
Sleeping in! We're all relishing it!
Having Grandma here was an absolute treat!
The park, before they were all closed.
A visit to the bird refuge. We were here when we found out that school's out until at least the first of May.
We got a kick out of watching this grackle.
Our neighborhood put together a "bear hunt" for all the kiddos. We walked/drove around the neighborhood and saw probably 60 bears!
Studies in facial hair.
A fruit loop necklace
A surprise Zoom birthday party for my sister Amber. It was so much fun. All my siblings and parents were there.
Leah invented her own special brownie recipe for a school project.
Snow day.
"Swimming."
Asa made Oreo brownies with several of his kindergarten-aged cousins on Zoom.
Bryn taught us to make friendship bracelets.
Hopscotch.
We rented Spies in Disguise. Super funny and cute.
Nate taught a 5th Sunday lesson about the Restoration to our ward over Zoom.
We busted out a new puzzle.
A spider pet for a day.
Walks just about every day.
Addison wowed us with a magic show one night.
The bike park. A family fave.
Nate adopted a couple pets.
The wittiest doorbell ditch of our lives.
Asa was thrilled to be able to pass it along.
Slime.
Every once in awhile I escape into the craft room and sew umbrellas. I'm working on a table runner.
Sleepover!
Lookin' hot with the beard!
Emmie delights in choosing her own bow, or as she says, "boat," every day.
Addison made his own personal little garden. Cute, huh?
General conference. I loved this conference! I felt like those who spoke had responded to President Nelson's admonitions to ponder the blessing of the Restoration. Then they basically took their ponderings and shared them with us. It was strange that there were only like six people at the venue at one time.
The flowers are really starting to bloom!
And then, of course, there's school.
Emmie decided to water a plant for me while I was helping with school this morning. Such a big helper!























































Comments