Life Update

I was getting all geared up to do another catch up post, but then decided that I'd much rather just do a life update. So here it is!

Nate:
Nate is a hard worker. He always has been. But he's gotten to where he gets a lot more done with his hard work these days. Efficiency, I suppose you'd call it. He works his buns off at his job, usually leaving before the kids and I get up in the morning. He's working on a really cool new narrative history of the church that'll be sure to turn a lot of heads when the first volume comes out later this year. Also managing several employees, and editing on the good ol' JSP.
At home he is an involved dad to all our little ones, always eager to hear about their lives and spend time with them. He brings the fun into the parenting around here. And he's always game to tackle a house or yard project with me, be it big or small.
He runs all the time. I'd say at least three times a week. He's training for Ragnar, which is coming up next month. There's a team from work that's running it together. Their team name is "Rough Stones Running." They think they're so clever . . .
In church he just recently got released from his beloved primary teacher calling, and is now second counselor in the new elders quorum presidency. I still get to keep him on as choir accompanist, which I quite appreciate. We are already seeing blessings as a result of the increased time and brain commitment of his calling.


Michelle:
I'm pregnant! 30 weeks as of today! It is just flying by. We are so excited to be having another baby girl. The pregnancy has gone smoothly and the baby is measuring just right. I'm getting bigger and slower and am tiring out more easily, but I can't complain. Other than some pretty terrible nausea in the first trimester, this pregnancy has been as expected. I'm so excited to see our little baby in ten short weeks. And I'm just as excited to see her siblings interact with her. It's been a long time since we've had an infant in our home, and I think we're all going to have our eyes opened when she arrives. We're still trying to get preparations done. We've got to switch some bedrooms around in anticipation of her arrival, which will be a bigger job the closer I get to the due date. Nate and I are gearing up for labor and delivery, which I'm not feeling ready for yet. Thankfully we've still got a couple months to take care of all of the above.
In other news, I'm growing my hair out, and I'm pretty sure I'll have a mullet for eternity.



Addison:
This guy is growing in all kinds of ways. At times it's excruciating. But he has a tender heart and is a good, good boy. School this year has challenged him more than any other year, which is good for him. He's made it to the district level in the Math Science Olympiad, and will be competing in the catapult division with his partner in a couple weeks. He is a sweet brother to Asa. I can count on him to be patient at night when Asa climbs in bed with him or is chatty. Addison thrives when he's got free time outside, or uninterrupted time with blank paper and a pencil. You should see some of the comics he creates. They're so cool.


Bryn:
Bryn is doing really well. She has grown physically so much this year! Between kindergarten and first grade she just kept all the same clothes because she stayed the same size. But this year she's grown like a weed and jumped up two sizes since the start of school! School, as always, is a breeze for her. Her teacher got bucked off a horse and broke her back over spring break, so she won't be coming back this year, which is a major bummer. But Bryn continues to get excellent grades and just go with the flow.
 She's just recently gotten some orthodontic hardware put in to correct her bite, and is so patient about it. She's got an expander on the roof of her mouth, and bite expanders on her back teeth so she can't bite together all the way. And she wears headgear at night. She's really been so impressively chill about it all.

Bryn is also playing softball on a city team. She absolutely loves it. It's her first year, so she's still getting the geography of the field and rules of the game figured out. Her coach is awesome, though, and I am relishing watching her becoming friends with her teammates. They won their first game and lost their second, but were good sports both times. She's got lots more games to go before the season is over, and they're learning and adjusting each time. At her game last night, she got one of about two hits! (The girls are pitching for the first time this year . . .) We were so proud! She hit the ball, made it to first base, and got an RBI, all in a glorious seven seconds or so. Then she ended up making it around and scoring a point for her team.
This picture is my favorite. Like, ever.

Leah:
Leah is doing great. She's really loving ballet this year, and we're excited to see her as a summer rainbow in her recital in a few weeks. She's excelled in school and tested into the PAL program for next year, which will be really, really good for her. She delights in the friendships she's made in school, and is always thrilled to fill us in on the latest classroom gossip, like who has crushes on who. She loves having items on her calendar. Leah is very motherly, and loves to play school and other games where she gets to be in charge.  She just turned six this week! (More on that later.)



Asa:

This boy is full of energy and zest for life! He is so pleasant to have around, whether we're doing laundry, weeding, driving around, or doing something fun. He's just happy to be there. He delights in the things his body can do and is thrilled to ride his bike, climb a tree, or conquer the trapeze. When he does so, he frequently comments on how strong his body is, or how much he's growing. He's very interested in what parts of his body get exercise during any given activity, and also about the insides of his body. He does great in sunbeams, and lives for our weekly storytime at the library. He also enjoys preschool with Mom at home. He continues to love spiders and bugs, and also money. Not spending it so much, just having it and looking at it and putting it in his money jar.

Comments

ViAnn said…
What a great report! And what a super family! I love you guys!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures in Poultry

Tide Pools and Big Trees Days 1-3

Michelle's Side of the Family Comes to Town