Reflections 2017

This year I volunteered to be in charge of the Reflections art competition at the kids' school. They hadn't had it in the past, because they didn't have anyone who was willing to run it. My kids loved participating at their old school, and there's not a lot of art going on in their current classrooms, so I wanted to give them the chance to do it.

Looking back, it was so much work. Like, a ton. And I didn't have any volunteer helpers, so it was really just me, and the poor, poor, wonderful office secretary, and Nate on tech support. But it was really a success! We had fifty-something entries, gave out tons of awards, and actually have two kids from the school who have made it to state. Additionally, I now know where the district offices are, where every classroom is, where every teacher's box is, and I can call the principal and vice principal and pta staff by their first names, and they recognize my face, if not my name.

That said, one year was enough for me. The amount of enjoyment my own kids got out of it is microscopic compared to the amount of work I put in. So I will be passing on the torch next year, and hopefully somebody else will pick it up. I will have other fish to fry at that point.

So here are our cute kids and their art. The theme was "Within Reach." I think they all were really creative in the way they interpreted the theme, and I love how their projects turned out. Proud mama over here.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures in Poultry

Tide Pools and Big Trees Days 1-3

Michelle's Side of the Family Comes to Town