April Fools
Never in my life have I successfully April Fooled anyone. I recall as a tween being desperate for ideas of amazing ways I could prank my family members. The best I ever came up with was putting saran wrap over my parents' toilet seat the night before. It didn't work, and my father was not amused. This year spring break and April Fool's day coincided, and so I swiped an idea from Pinterest and we had "backwards day," meaning dessert for breakfast, dinner for lunch, lunch for snacks, and breakfast for dinner.
It was awfully fun to plop bowls of this in front of the little ones for breakfast.
And no one complained.
Bryn, our resident health nut, was scandalized and demanded that I slice an apple and that everyone eat at least two slices of it.
Truth be told, Addison confided that he was a "feeling a little queasy" after breakfast, and I was right there with him. All day, in fact, I echoed the sentiment. My stomach, for one, is a creature of habit. I suppose whimsy comes with a price.





Comments