The Garden: She's Planted. The Foot: She's Broken.
2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
10 tomatoes (one heirloom cherry, one heirloom called "pale perfect purple." We were intrigued.)
3 cucumbers
3 watermelons, which refuse to sprout
4 rows of green beans, sprouting with various levels of success
Carrots
Lettuce
Beets
Peas (only one of which has sprouted)
4 small rows of corn
5 mounds of pumpkins, four of which actually sprouted!
As of today, it's time to start weeding. Several weeks ago, really. We'll get around to it. We're excited to have a pumpkin patch! We have never, in all of our years, grown pumpkins successfully. This will be the year!
We also grabbed a handful of flower seeds and tossed them over by the chicken coop to see if anything will grow. So far we have a giant plant that I'm 87% sure is a weed, and also something in the squash family growing there. And lots of weeds. But I water it meticulously.
In other news, I have a broken foot. Okay, it's just a stress fracture, but it sounds way less cool to say that. It's a teeny bone in my big toe, basically right on the ball of my foot. It's been bugging me for months, but I knew that while I was pregnant they wouldn't xray it, so I just waited it out. No idea what caused it, but I've been in the boot for about three and a half weeks with about three to go, I think. I cannot wait to start running again!!! Biking is nice and all, but it's just not the same. And it makes me feel like somebody gave me a spankin' with a baseball bat. I could swim, but who has time to swim?
The garden and the boot. The straw is in between the rows. That's a Nate-ism that I am fond of. He loves the idea of straw in the garden.
Our "flower garden."


Comments