4th of July Cookout and Fireworks

We had Nate's family over for a cookout for the 4th this year. Everyone came except Abbey and Devon, who were in St. George. It was really fun. Really hot and lots of ants, but really fun. A smashing success, even. Preparations were interesting without a kitchen, but it all worked out in the end. The kids played and played and played outside while the rest of us sat around and ate too much.


Add's arm all bagged up.


Trinity is a superhero.

Sonnet is our niece who is deaf. I have never met anyone with a more expressive face. It just tells the whole story. Zoom these two in. They are just delightful. In the one above she is so excited to have found a chicken feather.

And in this one she's pretty much in paradise. Cloudy, grass-clipping-ful paradise.

Leah looking festive.


I am ridiculously proud of the cake in the bottom of this picture. It's from a box and so is the frosting, but it's so pretty! And the cake part is red, white and blue too. I feel so domestic. Thanks, Betty Crocker.

Lindsey and Micah the goofballs.

Sonnet and Aria


Sky and Leah on clean-up duty.

This next little group of pictures is so cute I couldn't not post them all. Addison, Lindsey, and Linda all broke their left wrists! Lindsey's was in a scooter accident, Linda's was thanks to a cat getting underfoot on the stairs, and Addison's is from the swing. Seriously, what are the odds?! Makes for a great photo op at least, I guess. The whole group should be in an art gallery somewhere with a poetic title. We'll have to let this blog count. I'll call it, "Grace: Three Generations." Aren't they cute!?


  




Later that night we did some fireworks in the backyard. It was fun and not even too loud. After dark, Grandma was nice enough to hold down the fort while Leah slept so I could sneak off with Nate and Grandpa and the kids to see real fireworks. It was magical. I don't think the kids have ever stayed up so late (it started at 10:00!), but it was worth it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures in Poultry

Tide Pools and Big Trees Days 1-3

Michelle's Side of the Family Comes to Town