The Lunchtime Blahs
I've gotta hand it to lunch. It's my least favorite meal of the day. Kids are grumpy, I'm grumpy, and I never know what to make. Add to that the fact that peanut butter makes me want to throw up unless it's in a Reese's cup. And that bread does pretty much the same thing, no matter how fancy or expensive it is. Pretty much the only way I can gag it down is if it's very toasted and I distract myself as I chew so I'm not thinking about what's in my mouth. Homemade bread is the exception, but I never make homemade bread, and even if I did, who makes sandwiches with homemade bread?
So here's what I need from you: what do you eat for lunch that does not involve peanut butter and takes about the same amount of time to slap together as a pbj? Bonus points if it's healthy!
Comments
I like to keep a few cans of Progresso Reduced Sodium soup on hand. I also like a few of their "light" kinds, but I only get the ones with the least salt.
Tuna on crackers is another good one. You can jazz that up with all kinds of veggies.
My luxury lunch when I feel like pampering myself: During a random naptime I slice up eggplant and red bell pepper and wedge a red onion. I keep them in a baggy in the fridge to use throughout the week. When I'm ready to use them I throw some rice in the rice cooker, broil some of the veggies (brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with coarse salt)and mix them together with big chunks of goat cheese.
I know it sounds complicated but it's really not and it's SOOOOO GOOOD!!!